As an RN Patient Advocate I work closely with you and your family to protect your healthcare rights and safety. I am a highly skilled clinical nurse with extensive experience to empower you in the healthcare system and to educate and assist you in what is happening with your care. I have an in-depth understanding of the complexities of the healthcare system and the ability to navigate within it. I provide a wide range of services as listed below.
This is what I will do for you:
- Advocate on your behalf with your doctors and hospitals, asking those questions most people do not know how to ask – this helps prevent medical errors.
- Educate you on what is happening with your condition/diagnosis and what other therapeutic options might be helpful to you.
- Attend doctor’s appointments with you, if you wish.
- Connect the dots ensuring that every doctor knows what every other one is doing on your case. Faulty communication causes medical errors.
- Analyze ALL your medical records to create a chronology of your complete history. This is very helpful in connecting the dots between doctors when you go to the ER or when you travel.
- Help to ensure an accurate diagnosis making sure that all necessary tests are ordered and not unnecessarily repeated.
- Research all of your treatment options, educating you and your family, ensuring that you consult with the most appropriate doctors, so you make the best choice for your health.
- Will spend time with you uncovering potential problems with your medications.
A recent study published in The Journal of Patient Safety by Dr. John T. James, medical errors are now the third leading cause of death in the U.S. This is a problem of the medical system itself and does not mean that doctors and nurses have become substandard. The system itself is broken. There is a 6% – 12% chance of death from medical errors when a patient is admitted to the hospital. To facilitate safety and achieve the best results in your care, it is to your advantage to hire an experienced, professional and knowledgeable iRNPA…me!
You can be healthy, happy and successful! My goal is to empower you to be your own advocate.
I invite you to meet with me for an introductory meeting. I will ask you to explain what is happening and what conditions you are now facing. Knowing this, I will be able to explain how I might best be able to help you and discuss what services as an iRNPA I can provide that would be most advantageous for you.
As an RN Patient Advocate I do not:
- I do not make healthcare choices for you or your family.
- I do not diagnose ailments, order treatments or replace the physician in any way.
- I do not provide your total care in the hospital. As an RN Patient Advocate I advocate for you to safeguard your well-being. As an Advocate I am a complement to the hospital staff, not a replacement for it.
- I do not replace the Social Worker, Physical Therapist or Nutritionist. As an RN Patient Advocate I work directly for you and will then collaborate with all members of your healthcare team to ensure your best possible treatment for the greatest outcomes.